My wildlife work and art
Outside of my freelance editing, I am a keen naturalist and love to write about and photograph wildlife. I also enjoy a range of craft activities and run an online shop, Nature Crafts, selling nature-themed artwork and handmade gifts. I sell a range of t-shirts with my own unique designs via Teemill.
Editing links and resources
- Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP) – professional organisation for UK editors and proofreaders, with a great range of resources and training courses
- The Publishing Training Centre – offers professional editing courses
- LearnFreelancing.com – a useful website which also has details of a handy book, ‘The Pocket Book of Proofreading’
- Louise Harnby – some great editing resources and advice, including downloadable PDF proofreading stamps and free downloadable guidelines for new authors
The CIEP has also produced a handy list of 21 top tips to make the most of your freelance copy-editor or proofreader.
- PerfectIt – proofreading software from Intelligent Editing
You can connect with me on Twitter (@lillanature), Facebook and LinkedIn.